YOU ARE EVERYTHING

I can see You in a cave
And the animals kneeling down,
All around You, to warm You,
But those, who You made
As a mole on Your cheek...
They cut the trees that You created, for them,
To use their wood to crucify You.

I can see You growling in the temple
And hitting the thieves with a whip,
To renew the world with faith,
Which now becomes
Burning candles
And learning words.

I can see You standing on the Jordan riverside,
Blessing and baptising the people,
But some of those that You have baptised,
Still squeezing the dirt of the earth
To get out the wine,
And fill up the cups.

I can see You raising Your hand,
To heal the subdued blind man
And open his eyes to give him sight,
But after You've changed his blindness into light
He killed the light.

I can see You with the people,
When hunger was all around,
And there were only a few fish...
So they called You to stop their starvation,
But when they were satisfied...
They uttered many unspeakable things about You.

I've heard You saying to them:
"Love one another
And be the pure salt of this earth".
But when You finished speaking,
They swore at Your words,
Because the unvirtuous
Was walking unshod towards them.

I've heard You saying to them:
"Go in peace and knock on all the doors,
Even the unknockable ones...
Keep following my path...
I don't want you to get lost..."
But when You left them...
They got lost...
And they strangled the voice of righteousness
With their lies.

I've heard You saying to them:
"Blessed be all who have a good heart,
Pure white as snow..."
They thought that the time for Your sunset was over,
So they've tarred their hearts with sins
And hidden them in their pockets.

In front of the Jews
Which were screaming to crucify You,
Pilate revealed his faith
And Saint Peter denied You
Because he was scared of crucifixion.

"These are your children".
You said to Your Mother, Mary
And You were pointing out to us.
But when You died
We drank Your blood,
We stole Your clothes to sell them
And in every square
We auctioned You.

At last,
When the stone rolled away,
I saw You..
Coming out
Walking on the past and the future,
So all the people get to know
That "YOU ARE EVERYTHING ".

*******